You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Triumph Motorcycles’ tag.
I’m headed to the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in New York City tonight, and plan to work the hell out of the floor for the next two days. The folks who organize the show were nice enough to give me a press pass because of my blogging, so I’m attending a media event tomorrow morning before the show opens to the public at noon. Here are some of the things I’m hoping to accomplish and see at the show.
1. See the unveil of the new custom Cory Ness Victory motorcycle. Victory has been generating a ton of buzz in advance of the show, and is all over the motorcycle media. My hat’s off to their PR firm. Nice work.
2. Meet The Gunny. The new face of Victory is R. Lee Ermey a/k/a “The Gunny” – who you may remember as the belligerent and abusive Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann in Stanley Kubrick’s classic Full Metal Jacket. He’s brilliant in reprising his role for Victory. I want to score a picture of me and him if possible.
3. Throw my leg over a Triumph Explorer. I love this bike. Would love to have one. Two more years of alimony first, though…
Here’s the other half of my list – the guys I’d most like in my riding crew.
10. Quentin Tarantino. As I noted last week, Quentin and I have the same taste in women. And I have loved every single one of his movies. He’s got a similarly warped view of the world as I do. Q, let’s ride!
9. Michael Parks. Just because I want to be able to say I rode with Bronson.
Ironically there is a Michael Parks – Quentin Tarantino connection. Parks played not one but two roles in the Tarantino epic Kill Bill.
I’ve written a bit about my love/hate relationship with my current ride, the Triumph Rocket III Touring. On a positive note, it’s a fantastic long-distance cruiser that eats up long mileage days with nary a complaint from my posterior. I love the cool factor of the bike and the fact that it can kick in the teeth of any old Harley on the road. And as my friend Art says, “You get the classic American bagger look, but with that 2300 CC engine…”